Map of Apple Watch fitness apps and data
You have your Apple Watch and/or activity tracker or sportwatch and now you want to know how to connect all those apps that are piling up on your watch and phone. Here is the beginning of a map that shows everything as follows:
- Heart rate sensors on the left (you can still attach them to an Apple watch to save watch battery and get higher quality HR signal)
- watches/bands/scales that contain more sensors
- Watch/iPhone apps that collect the data
- Vendor sites (initial landing points)
- Integrations between that first app and other partners as well as a view into a sync engine called Tapirik.
This is version 1.0. There are lots of holes and I don’t have the sync direction data in here with arrowheads but it gives a first view into how you can capture data, move it through Apple Health, get it up to a first site and then integrate that data across multiple sites.
Click on the image below to see it full-screen. Once it’s full-screen you can right-click and save to your desktop for reference.
Please feel free to comment below with questions and comments.