Fast Company linked over to this Tufts University transcript of Pierre and Pam Omidyar’s commencement speeches to the Class of 2002.
Some key lessons from Pierre and Pam’s speeches:
• Prepare for the unexpected – prepare lots and learn lots but don’t feel that you have to connect all the dots at the same time; stay flexible; build yourself a platform of value that will serve multiple purposes because you don’t know where you may end up next;
• Understand and live by your core values;
• embrace (don’t just accept or tolerate) diversity – it is the glue of community;
• find your own balance between private life and public service;
• Be an enzyme (or catalyst) for change;
• Do what you love and love what you do for it is the energy that drives the change forward;