Under the Radar Round 2 Calls!
As many of you know, I am extremely fortunate to be assisting the Dealmaker Media team as co-chair of the upcoming Under the Radar event on April 24, 2009 in San Francisco. This is round 2 of our call for companies in the cloud computing, virtualization, software as a service, and web services categories. This is an excellent opportunity for early stage startups to present their businesses and ideas to CIOs, CTOs, and Technology VPs at companies like AT&T, Getty Images, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, etc, as well as VCs, prospective partners, and industry press. Of the 400 companies that have presented on this stage in the past seven years, over 50% of them have been funded (more than $1.3B in funding so far) and nearly 20% of them went on to be acquired by companies such as Google, Salesforce, Cisco, and Microsoft. This event has practically become a rite of passage for early stage startups. Previous Under the Radar Alumni include: Ribbit (which was acquired by British Telecom), Zoho (do they EVER stop building cool applications??), Box.net, Animoto, Elastra, Jive Software, 3tera, Zimbra (acquired by Yahoo), Nirvanix, LinkedIn, SupportSpace, SlideRocket and Q-Layer (acquired by Sun Microsystems.)
The deadline for applications is March 20, 2009. You can apply here.
Some of the companies who are already invited include Boomi, Ctera, Eucalyptus, Heroku, Marketo, New Relic, Qwaq, Sauce Labs, Spigit, Symplified, Tap In Systems, Twilio, uTest, Virsto, Zephyr, Zimory, and Zuora and we have more exciting companies waiting in the wings for final confirmation.
Want to learn all about cloud computing? Sign up now for early bird tickets.
For anyone looking to understand the cloud space and see who’s innovating AND who’s buying – this is a one-day deep dive into what’s happening. Tickets are still available at the early bird discount rate. To register for that rate, please click here.
Judges, Moderators, and Sponsors
Here are some of the judges who are committed so far (with more to come):
- Bipin Sahni, VP Technology Manager , Wells Fargo
- Steve Phillpott, Chief Information Officer, Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- Steve Heck, Chief Technology Officer, Getty Images
- Doug Harr, CIO, Ingres
- Gary Little, Partner, Morgenthaler
- James Urquhart, Market Manager: Cloud Computing & Virtualization, Cisco
- Joe Weinman, Strategy and Emerging Services Vice President, Corporate Bus.
- Development – AT&T
- John Foley, Editor, Information Week
- Larry Dignan, Editor, ZDNet
- Maha Ibrahim, Partner, Canaan Partners
- Matthew Glotzbach, Director of Product Management, Google Enterprise
- Mike Maggs, Director of Business Development, Azure group (Microsoft)
- Mitchell Kertzman, Managing Director, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Rob Hayes, Partner, First Round Capital
- Robin Vasan, Managing Director, Mayfield Fund
- Sunil Dhaliwal, Partner, Battery Ventures
We have also pleased to have some excellent moderators for the event:
- Rafe Needleman, Editor at Large, Cnet
- Jeremy Toeman, Stage Two Consulting
- Charlene Li, Co-Author – Groundswell
- Ellen McGirt, Sr. Writer, FastCompany
Of course, an event of this size is only possible with great sponsors and we have the best possible sponsors for this event:
- Gunderson Dettmer
- Mosso – The Rackspace Cloud